Saturday, October 31, 2009

Blue Sky Thinking

I picked one of these bad boys up at Costco this week, and I am v impressed with the results so far. It may be psychosomatic, but I feel much zippier. A Harvard study indicates the blue light is more effective than traditional therapies. The Philips goLITE BLU is cheaper (with the limited-time discount) and more compact than any other I've found. I've been using while on the computer during the day. I am going to try it out as an 'alarm clock', and see how it works. Anything the beat the winter blahs!

Update: I am mildly addicted to this light. It's made a huge difference to my mood. Every morning, I trudge down to my office to switch on the light and bask in its glow for 20 minutes. I wasn't able to work out how to use it as an alarm clock. One needs to be careful though in placing it a good distance away. I had it too close to my face for the first few days, and I did notice some problems with my eyes. Follow the directions, and you'll be fine. Highly recommended!

No comments: