Sunday, July 06, 2008

Tangerine Dream

This evening I caught the promo for Mama Mia!, and my first thought was, 'Why is the girl from Big Love orange?' Upon closer inspection, I noticed the tangerine plague seemed to have spread to the rest of the cast. Meryl Streep, Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan all looked like they'd been hit by the orange stick. In a rather uneven manner. Although I've always subscribed to the school of 'pale and interesting', I must confess that all this Mystic Tanning has me nostalgic for a good old-fashioned biscuity tan. The kind one would get, oh, I don't know, say in Greece.

Seriously, why isn't Lindsay Lohan starring in this?

Update: Saw the film and thought it was a giggle. A bit tough going at times but ultimately uplifting. Since AbFab went off the air, there's been a real dearth of perimenopausal women cavorting in sequins.

No comments: