Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Love & Rossdale Trysts

I sniggered a bit when I heard the news about Courtney Love's alleged hook up with Gavin Rossdale. And it's not just straight up schadenfreude either. Although I do find Ms Stefani adorable in many ways--her determination and joie de vivre are two of her most winning characteristics--there is also an aspect of her character that I find insufferable. In the press, she's been quite deliberate in cultivating an image at odds with the rock and roll lifestyle. She's the one drinking green tea while all the boys in her band are banging the Gwen wannabees backstage at the show. Shall we all pause for a moment and consider how fucking meta this is? Not to mention the irony? And, of course, she is quick to remind us that she's only had like two boyfriends ever in her whole life. Courtney Love seems like a breath of fresh air in comparison. I hate the fucked up logic that equates so-called chastity with femininity. It's like honouring someone's bullemia, because it keeps them looking pretty. Courtney may be deeply flawed, but at least she's human and honest. That being said, I have no time for her lack of parenting skills.

No comments: