Monday, June 23, 2008

Good Vibrations

There is a new development in mascara. Two top end lines, Lancome and Estee Lauder, are introducing vibrating mascara applicators. Yes, for those of us who are too lazy to wriggle the applicator back and forth, technology finally provides an answer to our prayers. There is some science behind it, i.e. the movement puts more product on the lash, but it seems like yet another marketing scheme. I'm surprised no one has tried putting a clock on the tube . . . Forgive my cynicism. Finding the perfect mascara has been a lifelong endeavour. And I am not convinced that battery power is the answer.

This photo was ripped from an amazing tutorial I found on the Team Sugar blog, which explains how to recreate Marilyn Monroe's iconic look.

Update: At the moment, Voluminous Naturale is rocking my lash world. It goes on like a dream and comes off easily. No smudges. Perfection.

No comments: