Thursday, March 01, 2007

Singapore Sling: The Original Alcopop


Am stuck in the hellacious midlands on a work-related jaunt. Hotel room is beyond grim, so I stopped at the local M&S for a little light refreshment. The shop had run out of my first choice--g & t (nasty but nice once you knock back your second)--so I plumped for a Singapore Sling instead. I'm on my second and it tastes pretty delish. But if I'm brutally honest, it is a bit of a chemical cocktail, literally!

Wiki tells me the drink was created in the early 20th Century at Raffles Hotel in Singapore. I kind of knew that somewhere in the deep dark drink-related recesses of my mind. I love this pic I purloined from the net--very art deco. Am feeling somewhat soft-angled at the moment. Should move from the couch to the bed in case I pass out. But first, a toast to Charlotte Church and Gavin whatisname, aka Mr. Scrummy. May their child be fortunate and fair!

No comments: