Thursday, August 17, 2006

Pret

Lunch today is brought to us by the fine folks at Pret. Was feeling very 90's so I opted for the sushi. Also feeling greedy so I picked up a slice of their yummy carrot cake as well. Just visible in the background is my beloved leather tote, found in the States at ll bean of all places. It's perfect for weekends and casual days. Not only that, this capacious bag means I can take all my pieces with me wherever I go.

Speaking of bags, I've noticed a lot of people re-using 'prestige' carrier bags. For example, on my way to lunch today, I saw an orange and nasty girl, carrying a Chloe knockoff, also clutching an obviously battered orange and nasty Selfridges bag. And on the train platform last week, a corporate blonde was carrying an Asprey bag absolutely jammed with files. What is up with this? I'll admit that in the hinterland from whence the Shy Princess came it was a not uncommon to see women carrying their 'indoor' shoes in used plastic bags, admittedly from Wal-Mart, but I expected more from the men and women of London. Who cares that you once bought something on or near Bond Street. Get over it. And get your luggage under control.

Don't you just love my grotty desk. It's absolutely disgusting. Corporate headquarters is in a building that's not so much listed as listing. Character's nice, but I yearn for the clean comforts of a new build.

No comments: